Monday, November 8, 2010

4 weeks to go!

Fukuoka is getting closer and closer. 4 weeks to go. 1 more 100 mile week and then 3 weeks taper is the plan.

I woke up this morning very late and feeling very tired having watched the NY Marathon & Brazilian GP during the night. As such I didn't get my jog in until midday smack bang in the middle of the heat. My legs were feeling very heavy and sore after a pretty hefty weekend workload (67.7 km's).

Midday - Jogged 9.3 km's in 45 mins. Slowly loosened up and felt okay despite the heat (around 28 degrees).

Was so tired I slept in the afternoon for an hour or so.

PM - 14 km's in 1 hour. Felt pretty good. Cruisy effort. Legs feeling fine afterwards.

Broke in a new pair of Haile Geb Limited Edition Adidas Adios shoes that I ordered last week from Running Warehouse. My second pair of Adios shoes. They look fantastic in green and gold and felt wonderful to run in straight out of the box. Definitely my favourite marathon shoe. I'll be wearing these at Fukuoka.

No comments:

Post a Comment