Thursday, September 29, 2011

Getting closer!

The Chicago Marathon is starting to occupy more of my thoughts as the event gets closer. Unlike past marathons, I haven't really got worked up about this one. I've been very relaxed in my approach to training and haven't worried myself about running 100 mile weeks and twice a day. Whereas in the past I would typically average 140 km's a week leading up to a marathon, this time it's probably only 110 and no doubles. We'll see how this approach works. It's only the morning jogs that I've been skipping and I haven't missed any of the long runs or hard days.

Today I did 21 km's, which included 5 km's easy warm up, then 8 km's tempo at around 3:40 pace. Was feeling very relaxed and didn't really have to work despite running in really windy conditions and on grass. Threw in a couple more 3:40 km's after an easy jog recovery. 4-5 km's to finish off. All up 21 km's in around 93 mins.

I was quite satisfied with today's run. Very relaxed & a decent pace without really raising a sweat.

The countdown starts today. 10 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment