Saturday, October 1, 2011

8 Days to go!

Slight change of plans this morning. Was feeling just a little flat so switched from 3 x 2000 to 3 x 5 mins with 4 mins 30 secs jog recovery. 4 km's warm-up. A little under 3:20 pace for each interval. 3.5 km's recovery. All-up, just 14 km's instead of the 16-20 planned. Reasonably happy with the session, probably around 90% effort I would estimate.

Tomorrow I might run for 90 mins instead of 60 mins.

Relaxing evening with he family tonight. Bbq at my sister's house with Sammy (my better half), Latisha (my youngest girl), Mum, Dad, Steve (my sister's b/f) & Tyler (my sister's grandson),  Bbq'd chicken & vegetables for me, with a piece of carrot cake. I was a little envious watching Dad & Steve downing a few glasses of red, but it can wait till after my race. I'll need to research American Beer. I've only ever tried Millers & Budweiser, but always like to try something new.

After Chicago, I plan to go to NY with my mate Craig Lambert for 5 nights, before we both head off in different directions. Craig will be heading to Vegas and I'm thinking Nashville. I love my country music. Still need to organise 5 days of the trip. I tend to leave things to the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment