Saturday, October 8, 2011

Race Eve

Just checked the weather predictions. Temperature range of 13 - 21 degrees is forecasted from 7 am to 11 am. This is even warmer than predicted a couple of days ago and certainly doesn't alleviate my feeling of nervousness and uncertainty. I'll definitely start the race, but am unlikely to go on with it. My plan is to use it as a training run and soak up the atmosphere of the event. I'll run for an hour and then take a detour and jog across to the finish line to watch the finish. I'll wear my heart rate monitor for a change and see how I react to the heat. If I just happen to handle the conditions okay, I might keep going, but I don't expect this to be case.

Am loving Chicago. For travelling, the weather has been brilliant & it's an impressive city. It was marathon expo day yesterday. Picked up my race bib and checked out the expo. Then went to see Wrigley Field. Whilst I don't follow baseball and have never even heard of the stadium, I'm told it is very famous, so I had to go check it out. I must say that the neighbourhood around there felt like gangster territory & the stadium itself is very old and unimpressive, but given the history it was still worth the visit. Headed back to the city and checked out Millenium Park and back to Navy Pier to ride the Ferris Wheel so I could get up high and take some city sky-line photos. Finished the day off going to dinner with Vlad, Craig & Lachlan at a Pasta Restaurant.

An easy day is planned for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment